Friday, February 6, 2009

Hell yes!




So, I am getting close to a goal of mine.

For a while now I have been exercising. Lifting heavy weights isnt fun in the moment, but its rewarding. I guess thats where the adage "Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but no one wants to lifts heavy weights" comes from.

Well, I think highly of using ones own body weight and strength to increase fitness. I guess this could be called 'Proportionate fitness'. It involves doing (difficult) exercises using your own body in order to increase your physical fitness.

These kinds of exercises are more like skills (Mad skillz), and I am working them into my routine so that eventually I will do mostly body weight training, and wont use dumbells very intensely. I have been working on some related upper body skills involving doing the tri-pod, hand stand, and hand stand presses.

Today I did two sets of 8 presses! I am excited about this! My goal is to do three sets of 8, and then narrow the distance between my hands on the floor. Eventually (I dont know when...) I will be able to do the presses free standing. Right now I can only do the hand stands and the presses when I have a wall or a door behind me and lean my feet against it when I am upside down.

Finally doing this feels great. My shoulders are tired of course, but I feel good about accomplishing something I set out to do. It feels very... Manly.

No comments: